How many of these common business writing errors can you detect?
Please print this worksheet and circle the error or errors in the following
sentences, one at a time. After you have spotted the problem(s) in each
sentence, make the correction. After you have finished, visit our page with
the answers and explanations to see how well you did!
- As a homeowner, repairs have just become too time-consuming for me.
- Each 4-H member will have a chance to show their animal at the Fair.
- A selection of 3 entrees are available at the dinner.
- Athletes will have a chance to wear their uniform at the tournament.
- One way to judge software is by installing it at your office to see if its making a difference in productivity.
- Make your United Way contribution by October 1, and John or myself will bake cookies for your team.
- For you and I to make that decision, we'd need additional information.
- If it was a case of life or death, they'd pay more attention, I hope.
- Are you anxious to begin your new project?
- We expect three things from our staff: Competence, loyalty, and enthusiasm.
- Mary is one of those people that learns new software really fast.
- They brought alot of potato salad to the company picnic.
- We plan to vacation in the north this year.
- You'll have to quickly review the entire process before assigning the work.
- The data is clearly trying to tell us something.